Though we hate to watch her go, the blissful time that is summer vacation is drawing to a close. In the wistful monotone drone of Lana Del Rey, “Summertime sadness/ I just wanted you to know that baby you’re the best.” Was Lana serenading a lover? Of course not! It’s summer vacation to whom she’d bidding adieu.

And following vacation out the door goes bathing suits, shorty shorts, neon sundresses and all the other sacred summer wardrobe ensembles. So what’s the next fashion trend to focus on? One would say fall in general, but I think that focus can be narrowed in on a very important date that most people look past.

Drumroll, please! Get your wardrobe together for college move-in day.

That’s right. The sweaty morning/afternoon you normally make excuses for in your sweats and old T-shirts is the perfect time to debut your flawless fashion sense. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to remain stylish while moving boxes, and a three-piece suit or collared sundress is completely unnecessary (shocker).

Consider the moving environment. Yes, it’s hot, and you’ll undoubtedly be doing a lot of reaching and squatting. So though dresses and skirts may be out, the world of shorts is a vast one.

Your comfiest bet is a pair of denim cutoffs (with enough coverage to prevent the terrifying mid-box-lift wardrobe malfunction). Opt for the on-point high waist trend, or take the preppier path, and select a patterned pair with at least a four-inch inseam.

Are shorts too mainstream for your trendy self? Rock a pair of overalls with a cropped top or wider bandeau – choosing the more daring fall fashion trend to kick off Day One on campus.

As for tops with shorts, keep the fit loose. A skin-tight tank or T-shirt is doing no one any favors. You won’t be able to breathe, and everyone will be averting their eyes from the sweat stains. Find a box-fit cropped top for high-waisted shorts, or search out a baggier v-shirt or scoop neck for the patterned shorts.

For footwear, keep those toes covered! No one wants a bruised toe the first week you’re scrambling to find classes, so slip on your favorite pair of low-maintenance sneakers. If you’re more of a Doc Martens fan, more power to you and your extra-protected feet.

Find the most inexpensive shorts, tops and sneakers at Target, and coincidentally, you’ll most likely can find the entire contents of your dorm room there, too. Nothing like the one-stop shop!