Carrie Bradshaw needs to get her act together. Her “Carrie” necklace has become an obsolete token of the past. Now, women are rocking a more modern declaration of their names in the form of monogram necklaces.

The necklaces, which range from prices under $50 to those over $400, are a simple monogram we’ve seen on pillows, towels and general items in your grandmother’s home. Popularized by Laguna Beach star Lauren Conrad, the necklaces are hanging around young women’s necks in extreme quantities. It seems as if everyone checked the “monogram this” box when they were getting ready this morning.

With the necklaces, vinyl cutout businesses have made a comeback. For what are essentially stickers, girls are paying for their monogram to slap on their computers, Tervis Tumblers, cars, phones, key chains, binders, folders, lamps, faces, children and pets. Well, minus the last three, but anything can happen in time.

I noticed that I personally had an addiction when my latest monogram-related purchase came in the mail yesterday. Out of the surfboard-sized box, I yanked out custom woodwork letters sculpted to my monogram. It now hangs on my wall, after hours of painting and a haunting realization of my lack of creativity, and occupies a space of 24 inches. Tomorrow, I will be checking into a monogram rehabilitation center.

After the woodwork and the vinyl, there are the classic fabric monograms we also think of. However, you’ll be the slow girl on the street if you stick to towels and duffel bags. Envelope purses, which in fashion lingo means little cheap clutches, are all the rage to have monogrammed now and are sold by nearly every local boutique. Sewing machines have also been going crazy on koozies, running shorts, blankets, make up bags, pillow cases, bathrobes and sweatshirts. Basically, you can live every day with your monogram in your immediate presence if you so choose.

I think we’re at the point where everyone is out of items to monogram. And though monogram mania may have single handedly saved the economy by exponentially increasing spending, I fear the day when all of these girls, including myself, get married and realize their monogram has changed.