I love looking at clean, sharp well-dressed men. Who doesn’t? A guy who can compose a good outfit can probably do anything. Sadly, some guys find it difficult to maintain a nice wardrobe, so they either don’t try to look good at all or end up looking like a train wreck.

Here are some style tips for casual and formal wear for day and night that will have you looking like the confident, stylish man you deserve to be this fall.

1. The Scholastic Look

Keeping it simple at school is important. No one likes to have a million accessories on while they run to chem lab. Try a fitted long-sleeve tee that is warm enough for the classroom but won’t smother you on your wait for the bus or bike ride home. Avoid the usual denim and switch to earthy cotton pants for a more natural look this fall. Say so long to last years Sperry’s, and throw on some casual cap toe shoes for a more reserved style.

2. The Weekend Boy

Weekends are a great time to try a new style. A loose, light-colored tee can be paired with a darker cardigan to give you a more mature look. Khakis are comfortable but won’t degrade the style like jeans would. Accessorize with a black belt and some dark-framed reading glasses, and anyone could mistake you for the smart sensitive guy.

3. The Class Act

Nothing says classy like a nice bowtie. It’s a shame only hipsters have worn them in recent years. Bring the bow back. Pair a crisp white shirt with a blue fitted pant suit, throw on your bowtie with some wayfarer sunglasses, and let the good times roll with this daytime look.

4. The Mature Man

I don’t know if guys entertain thoughts of what it’s like to look mature, but girls do. If you are going for the mature style, nothing says “I’m 22, but mentally I’m 32 with the bank account of a 50-year-old,” better than a sports coat. Most men go for dark sports coats, but a lighter tone is better suited for the day. Play around (and when I say this, I mean ask the salesperson) with dark green or blue pants. Black tees are very suave and instantly add some sensibility. Top it off with simple brown dress shoes that will have the ladies, and gentlemen, saying, “Oh, someone grew up.”

5. The Dinner Dater

Meeting someone special soon? Toss out that hideous purple dress shirt everybody is wearing, and go for a knitted sweater. Keep it casual with some denim (yes, denim is allowed on dates) and style it up by cuffing the bottom of the pant. Add a medium-length wool coat if it’s chilly, but the look will work without it if it isn’t. Complete the outfit by throwing on some tough boots that will mirror your manly personality.

6. The Guy’s Guy

If you’re having a guy’s night out, and you want to look better than all of your friends, try a cotton coat-and-pant combination in dark shades. Keep it casual with a long-sleeve tee with a smooth pattern, like the ones from the GQ & Gap collection. Throw on a short-length wool coat if it’s colder out. Style it up with some cap toe shoes or leathery sneakers.

7. The GQ Style

Every girl wishes they had the GQ man. Accomplish this chic look by rocking an all-grey suit to your next formal gathering. Grey is easy on the eyes but still crisp enough to demand respect. Add a white dress shirt and a dark tie with soft patterns, like plaid or stripes. Slip on some shined shoes to get the GQ cover guy sophistication.

8. The Business Stud

For a less strict, formal look that can be used for work or a meeting, go with a two-toned suit. Style a black coat with grey pants or vice versa. Take the serious edge off by adding a little color, like a light pink or blue dress shirt, and darker-toned tie. Keep the shined shoes because they compliment any outfit.