For your entertainment: “Mockingjay” takes flight

Our favorite girl on fire is back with vengeance.

After the haunting last scene in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” where Katniss learns District 12 has been destroyed by the Capitol and that Peeta has been taken, Katniss’s only concern is protecting. This is the first thing we hear in the official trailer. Katniss is ready to fight for her loved ones and get Peeta out of the Capitol’s dangerous control.

The marketing for the film has been genius, with very few details emerging before the film’s release. This parallels the lack of information the Capitol gave the Districts once realizing they were on the brink of rebellion. The official trailer was only released two months before the film, coming way later than trailers for previous installments. Before that, only “Capitol-Approved” semi-trailers were released. It gave fans the feeling of censorship the Capitol employed on the Districts.

This will only be part one of the final book, following in the footsteps of the “Harry Potter” and “Twilight” series. Part one worked wonderfully for the detail-rich “Harry Potter” but fell a little flat for the lacking “Twilight” book, a fate I’m afraid the “Mockingjay” movies may follow. Fans who have read the book know the first half of the book does not have much action, though hopefully director Francis Lawrence will be able to spruce it up a bit.