chicken
chicken

Kathryn says: I cooked a quick dinner for Jamie and myself before we went to see American Idol Lee DeWyze (2010 winner) in concert. I made pasta, and for the sauce, I used a creamy yogurt salad dressing. Jamie said it got her "nutritional seal of approval" since it was a tasty alternative to alfredo sauce, and it was a healthy, low-fat, low-calorie meal; I used whole grain pasta, too.

We liked it so much that we couldn't stop eating it - but we didn't want to miss the concert. We showed up in time to see Lee perform several awesome songs, and we even got to go backstage after the show to meet him. 

We gave Lee a business card with our blog site on it, and he said he'd check it out and try to Tweet it! We hope he visits and reads up on our pre-concert meal.

We came home from the concert with an adrenaline rush from having met such a talented guy, and we reminisced about the incredible evening while polishing off the leftovers.

Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

• 5 ounces whole-grain spaghetti

• 1 carton fresh, sliced baby bella mushrooms

• 2 tablespoons yogurt salad dressing (I used Bolthouse Farms' Chunky Blue Cheese yogurt dressing.)

• 1 teaspoon dried oregano

• 1 pound ground chicken

• 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (I used Bolthouse Farms' Classic Balsamic vinaigrette dressing)

• 1 teaspoon dried basil

Directions:

1. Boil water. Cook pasta and drain.

2. While the pasta is cooking, combine washed, sliced mushrooms with yogurt dressing in a medium frying pan. Cook on medium-high heat until mushrooms are lightly browned.

3. At the same time, in another medium frying pan, mix chicken with balsamic dressing. Cook on medium-high heat until meat looks thoroughly cooked.

4. Put pasta in a bowl. Pour mushrooms and chicken on top.

For more of our recipes, please visit Two Sisters, One Kitchen.