Break out your banana peels, unscrew that salt shaker and hang the bucket of water on your door frame because Sunday is April Fools' Day! This holiday comes once a year and celebrates the unsuspecting, the naive and the gullible alike. What’s more fun than convincing your roommate you’ve adopted a sugar glider, letting your Facebook friends think you’re transferring to FSU or momentarily getting your mom to believe you’re joining the Krishnas? Yes, on April 1, let the self-made entertainment unfold before your clever and cunning eyes.

Since this is a food blog, these April Fools' jokes will be centered around faking out your friends with manipulated versions their true nature. For example, take the TV dinner: chicken, mashed potatoes smothered in gravy, some peas and carrots and a chocolatey brownie for dessert. But wait! These various parts of evening boxed nourishment are all made out of cupcakes! For a recipe and detailed instructions, head over to foodnetwork.com.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If Italian pranking is more your style, “spaghetti and malt balls” might be just right. Start with a slice of pound cake and cover it with thin ropes of buttercream frosting to mimic the noodles. Next, spoon strawberry ice cream over the “noodles” and place a few roughed up chocolate malt balls on top. Parmesan cheese is pulverized blanched almonds or walnuts sprinkled across the top. Slurping these noodles will only leave your victim looking foolish but mostly sticky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Do you have a clean freak roommate that would just hate to see a Sweet Dreams ice cream cone all over their newly washed bedspread? Perfect! This art project prank is for you. All it requires is a cone, a Styrofoam ball, some tacky glue, ice cream colored paint, sprinkles and, of course, your intuitive sense of deception. Familyfun.go.com has step-by-step instructions for this ice cream calamity.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stay one step ahead with these fun food fakeouts on April Fools' Day! However, know that this blog is not liable for any repercussions you may face. For more food tricks, Disney has a site devoted to all the best pranks. You can find it here. Good luck out there readers!

Posts in Chomp and Chew appear on Thursdays. For more from Becca, check out her personal blog at www.becca-bakes.com.