Retrospect is 20/20 and Sorkin seems to be taking advantage of that more and more as the season progresses. Though we know that some huge journalistic blunder was made, it seems that coverage for all major stories is going smoothly.

Neil jumped headfirst into the Occupy movement and captured video of the police brutality and disregard for civilian rights that was rampant during the entire movement.

Jim remains on the Romeny trail slowly but surely learning the rules of the bus. However, a new girl in his life my give him just what he ran away from in the first place: girl drama.

Maggie is of course losing everything in huge strokes. Don having left her, she’s resorted to making it work with Lisa, but it is easier said than done.  It has been reported for months that this season will mark the destruction of everything Maggie holds dear, and its coming true in spades. Prospects are on the horizon, however, for her career. Latching onto Africa, she’s heading to the scene of a deadly uprising on the skirts of a Genoa fact-finding mission. God speed, Maggie.

Will lied to his staff about being taken off the 9/11 coverage by choice. It’s plain to see that this choice on Charlie’s part is killing him, and for good measure. The first anchoring job Will ever did was on September 11, 2001 and he bore his soul to his viewers. To have that taken away is eating his confidence. On the other hand, it was a treat to see Will before he was our Will. Emotional and struggling for wards, he led his viewers through one of the most devastating days in American history.

Don pursued the Troy Davis case and made an argument for his innocence. Will, an ex-prosecutor, stood up for due process completely shutting down Don’s attempts to use the media to sway appeals votes.. Will’s background as a prosecutor is becoming a larger and larger part of his work at the station and he doesn’t seem happy about it.

Finally, Genoa. On the cusp of one of the largest human rights and war crimes stories, Mac is stunned to learn that it has been confirmed by a primary source: Sargent Sweeny was there. Jerry is on the brink of breaking a story that could dismantle careers. Will this be the source of ACNs troubles?

Episode two is over, but The Newsroom has just begun. We wait in eager anticipation for what Sorkin has in store.