For your entertainment: The devil in Daniel Radcliffe starts with the horns

Harry Potter meets the “The Woman in Black” in a new film that somehow no one has ever heard of. It’s called “Horns,” and stars Daniel Radcliffe as Ignatius “Ig” Perrish, who wakes up the day after his girlfriend’s brutal death with horns sprouting from his head.

Things sort of go downhill from there. 

The trailer evokes a Stephen King feel, the filming itself reminiscent of “Lucy,” a Scarlett Johansson action film that debuted in July. Radcliffe plays an American – a good, old normal American boy, in love with his girlfriend. The movie’s got a lot of great talking points. So why haven’t we heard of it yet?

Maybe because the Hollywood season’s been slow so far, saving the Oscar bait for November. Maybe because Radcliffe’s last few ventures have been radically different independent films that allow him to make more artistic choices. This movie is independent too, which is obvious from its edgy, devil-possession flair.

Radcliffe told The Sun that listening to metal music while gearing up for the role helped “allow that slightly demonic rock 'n' roll spirit out. There's nothing else like it," he said.

The film opened in theaters on Halloween. Some critics call it “twisted and at times gonzo humorous,” but others are unimpressed with the film’s depth. It’s Radcliffe’s third post-Potter venture, and it’s just hitting mass audiences now. Let’s see what the devil has in store.