Spotlight: All Rise for the Hamilton Anthem

Hamilton
Hamilton

Hello and welcome to another edition of Footnotez!

In the first edition of Spotlight we have the story of eccentric rapper Charles Hamilton’s comeback to music.

The pink wearing, sonic obsessed, hip-hop artist Charles Hamilton is making his return to the music scene after spending years in obscurity. Charles Hamilton had previously been building a buzz in the underground rap scene in the late 2000s by releasing a series of mixtapes that he entitled The Hamiltionization Process. His unique sample-based production and emotionally charged rhymes displayed in these mixtapes caught the intention of mogul Jimmy Iovine who signed Hamilton to Interscope Records.

Hamilton continued to release mixtapes but various instances of bad press (including Hamilton getting punched by his ex-girlfriend and giving the late J.Dilla executive producer credit on his album) led to him being dropped from the music label. He spent the following years keeping fans up to date via his blog while releasing large quantities of under-produced music. All that changed on October 16th, 2014 when Hamilton shut down his blog and announced he had got another record deal and would no longer be releasing his music for free. With the blog shut down fans were left in the dark for a number of months until Charles Hamilton came back to social media with the announcement that he had signed with Turn First (the same music company that launched the careers of Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora, and Ellie Goulding).

Charles Hamilton recently performed a new track with Rita Ora at the iHeart Media Summit to officially mark his comeback and announced that he is currently working on his debut retail album.

Description: sample-based production, multi-instrumentalist, emotional compound rhymes

Recommended Projects: Well Isn’t This Awkward, The Pink Lavalamp, My Heart

Newest Material: Correct (which can be found on Soundcloud)