Nylo

Nylo means to love the most and it is obvious that music is the thing the artist in today’s Spotlight loves the most.

Nylo is a singer-songwriter and producer from Chicago that is currently based in Los Angeles. She has been gaining attention in the indie and electronic music scene for the past three years through her music releases on soundcloud. Prior to being a music artist, she worked as a graphic designer. After an almost fatal car crash, she decided to begin releasing her music to the public under the moniker Nylo.

Her eclectic style that fuses elements R&B and electronic music has garnered the attention of many rappers. Nylo’s vocals were sampled on Mac Miller’s song Someone Like You, she has collaborated with G-Eazy, and Nas tweeted that she was his “new favorite artist”. After the release of her second EP, Indigo Summer, she signed to Epic Records. Since then, she has released relatively little new material and has been performing at various venues in California. She is currently working on an untitled project that is expected to be released sometime later this year.

Description: Dark and synth-based production, beautifully mixed soprano vocals, heavy drums

Recommended Projects: Indigo Summer, Memories Speak

Newest Material: Life’s a B*tch Remix