There is an infinite amount of singers who do song covers on YouTube. Some of these artists become so popular that they begin to make their own original content in an attempt to make the transition from YouTube sensation to fulltime music artist. Music acts such as Timeflies, Tinashe, and Justin Bieber have shown the success of this formula. Today’s Spotlight artist Jeni Suk is currently making this transition and producing some phenomenal music in the process.

Jeni Suk

Jeni Suk is singer that became widely known across the internet after her cover of SBTRKT’s Wildfire. In this cover she showed her ability to produce a beat using only her voice and a keyboard. This type of performance is something she has incorporated into her original music as well as her live performances. Her Wildfire cover became so popular that the Flatbush Zombies sampled it on their single Palm Trees. Prior to the success of this video, Suk was doing covers of other artists while occasionally releasing singles of her own music. In the earlier stages of her music career, she was briefly in a band called Bliss until the band broke up. Suk then went on to compete on the show K-Pop Star (which is the Korean equivalent of American Idol) while still doing covers and releasing occasional singles. She has been working on her debut EP for multiple years and still has not revealed a release date for it. Last year, Suk released single Don’t Let Me Down to general acclaim and fans continued to anticipate the release of the unnamed EP. Suk has since stated that she is on hiatus when it comes to releasing music and has been performing around the country at multiple universities.

Description: Multi-instrumentalist, J. Dilla influenced production, 90s R&B based melodies

Recommended Projects: Don’t Let Me Down, Anchor You, Bipolar

Newest Material: 2 On Remix