Swamp of love: Making your own decisions

Whenever I have a problem with my boyfriend (again, lol), I always go to my friends for advice.

Singing the blues away (copy)

The conversation starts with me saying what’s wrong, and usually ends with my friends telling me why I’m right and how I should handle the situation.

Once the initial frustration is gone and I look back at what we were arguing about, I remember I didn’t really include all of the details. For example, how I might have sort of been a little over-analytical or that he actually apologized 30 minutes after I left my friend’s house. 

A week goes by and my friend asks me, “Why are you so peachy? I thought you two are having issues? Don’t you think you two should take some time apart?”

Of course I know this is coming from a good place. After all, I did plant the seed in her head that we were having issues, but at the end of the day, this is my relationship

It’s so tempting to vent to the closest people in our lives when we have problems, but if we keep doing that, we can expect more pressure from others to make a decision that we aren’t so sure about. 

Lesson of the day is: you make your own decisions.

If you need to let something out, go for it, but be wise in what you say. Most importantly, let your head and your heart decide what’s best for you because, at the end of the day, your friends won’t be going to bed alone at night.