Positano

Hello, Florida Gators!

Something I am extra excited to write about on this blog is small cities that I have found when traveling; ones that don’t have a tourist population of 10 million a year and are filled with the rich, honest culture of it’s country. I’d like to review as many hidden gems as possible for you, so if you have any cities that spark your curiosity, comment down bellow!

Five years ago, my family and I flew out to Europe for the summer and ultimately tried to visit as many cities as possible. We had been told by friends that Southern Italy would be most fascinating; that it would leave us wanting to never go back home. After extensive research on cities and towns that populated the South of Italy, we ultimately booked ourselves a stay in Positano, a small village on the Amalfi Coast.

To get to village, first off, we had to book a train to Naples, Italy and then take a two-hour cab ride to Positano. There happen to be no airports or train stations in the area.

My first glimpse at the small town almost took the air out of my lungs. The enclave consists of a hill scattered with bright colored homes and hotels that lead to the Mediterranean Sea down below. At the very bottom of the town, the beach is surrounded by local cafes, restaurants and stores. The less than 4,000 habitants are spread around the village and are more than happy to welcome you with their Italian warmth and tell you about all about which celebrities they last attended. Yes, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards did write “Midnight Rambler” while lounging in Positano.

On the beach, one can find affordable boats, luxurious yachts and even canoes that can be used to travel around the coast and enjoy the view of the mountains plunging into the sea and yachts owned by the most renowned celebrities and entrepreneurs. I think the most captivating opportunity that Positano brings is the one to jump off a cliff or off a boat and swim through historic caves and crystal blue waters.

Needless to say, my family and I fell in love with the town that we have spent our summers vacationing in Positano every year since.

If you have any questions you would like for me to answer on Positano, Italy, feel free to comment down below and I would be more than happy to help.