When Life Gives You Lemons: So you had a bad day?

Some days just aren’t your day. Some days we wake up on the wrong side of the bed after we miss our alarm to a broken coffee machine and a car that won’t start. Some days the only reasonable solution is to hide under the covers until tomorrow comes. 

Sometimes we all need a little encouragement, a little inspiration to get you through the day.

“Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.” — Unknown

There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel and a cold beer waiting after work. Live for the positive moments. Choose to see the good in every day, and not to dwell on the negativity.

“Not till we are lost . . . do we begin to find ourselves.” — Henry David Thoreau

You'll never know just how much you can handle, just how strong you can be or who you truly are until you are forced to take on the world. Someday, everything you're going through will make sense — today may not be that day, but know that better things are awaiting you. 

“You can’t be happy unless you’re unhappy sometimes.” — Lauren Oliver

You would never know the good if you didn't experience the bad. I know it’s tough right now, but it’s only temporary. Tomorrow is a new day. 

"When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” — Patrick Stump

Smile at a stranger, lend a helping hand and offer the world the same encouragement you’re missing. There’s something about helping others that guarantees a happy you.

“The happiest people do not necessarily have the best of everything, but they make the most of everything.” — Sam Cawthorn

Happiness is always within reach, but you’ll miss out on it if you’re focusing too intently on your bad day. You’re going to be 10 minutes late for work whether you honk your horn or not, so blare your music, sing along and enjoy the ride.

“Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.” — Sam Sundquist

Don’t let the bad weather bring you down. Don’t let the bad day make you unhappy. Put on your cutest rain boots, wear your best smile and turn a rainy day into your own ray of sunshine.

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter” — E.E. Cummings

Every moment you spend unhappy is a moment that you will never get back — so call your best friend, call your mother, call anyone who will make you laugh. Remember: You always have something to smile about.

“It’s up to you to find the beauty in the ugliest days.” — Unknown

It’s up to you to look for the little things; it’s up to you to make every moment count and make each day better than the one before. Don’t let the day get the best of you, make the most of your bad day.

Put on a smile, look for the good and not for the bad, cherish every moment and remember that if Britney made it through 2007, you can handle today.