For Your Entertainment: Once Upon A Time casts Frozen leads for next season

“Once Upon A Time” has just cast three familiar characters for season four: Elsa, Anna and Kristoff of “Frozen.” 

Newcomer Elizabeth Lail will play Anna, Queen Elsa’s younger sister, while “Greek” actor Scott Michael Foster will portray gruff ice-cutter Kristoff. The coveted role of Queen Elsa went to Georgina Haig, who played Henrietta “Etta” Bishop on “Fringe.” 

The Internet exploded. Who are they? Are the new actors any good? How will the characters’ stories be retold on the show? “Once Upon a Time” has an excellent track record with hiring talented, relatively unknown actors for high-profile Disney royalty roles. So far, casting announcements have been met with accepting nods from both “Once” fans and Disney fans alike. So what makes this so important?

Maybe the fact that “Frozen” is now the highest grossing animated feature of all time, having raked in over $1.2 billion since its November release. Maybe the fact that the catchy power anthem “Let It Go,” in its many, many incarnations, went viral on social media for months. “Frozen” broke record after record as it continued through worldwide box office, so it’s no wonder that Disney is recruiting their new characters for “Once,” which runs on the Disney-owned ABC network. 

Casting Elsa and Anna in a show already packed with royal drama could lead to some interesting developments for the beloved fairytale main characters. Elsa is slated for nine episodes, Anna and Kristoff for six each. 

Rumors are spreading that Elsa may even appear as a villain. Many think she may begin as a villain and be redeemed. Producer Adam Horowitz refuses to explain, only saying that they’re aware what makes Elsa so special and they want to honor it.

Only time – and the fall premiere – will tell.