For your entertainment: Grammy 2015 nomination predictions

<p>FILE - This Nov. 22, 2011 file photo shows singer Taylor Swift performing at Madison Square Garden in New York. Six-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift will perform at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards next month. Comedian Kevin Hart will host the VMAs live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sept. 6. (AP Photo/Charles Sykes, file)</p>

FILE - This Nov. 22, 2011 file photo shows singer Taylor Swift performing at Madison Square Garden in New York. Six-time Grammy winner Taylor Swift will perform at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards next month. Comedian Kevin Hart will host the VMAs live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sept. 6. (AP Photo/Charles Sykes, file)

The nominations for the 2015 Grammy Awards are almost here, and many are wondering who will get a shot at claiming music’s most noteworthy prize. Here are a few predictions for nominations in the General Field, which does not consider genre in selecting contenders.

Album of the Year

"BEYONCE" by Beyoncé

Beyoncé didn’t just release an album on December 13, 2013. That day, she reiterated why she is one of the most powerful forces to be reckoned with today. The most critically acclaimed album of her career, "BEYONCE" shocked the world when its release started an online frenzy and ever-so-popular phrases like “I woke up like this” took root in our lives.

"In The Lonely Hour" by Sam Smith

Heralded as the male Adele, there is no way you could escape Sam Smith’s voice this year. From hit songs like  “Latch” and “La La La” with UK producers Disclosure and Naughty Boy respectively at the helm, to his own bonafide radio hit, “Stay With Me,” Smith’s powerful voice captured attention like no one has since, well, Adele took over the world in 2011 with “21.”

"Reflektor" by Arcade Fire

After upsetting Eminem, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry for the same award in 2011 for "The Suburbs," Canadian indie-powerhouse Arcade Fire released “Reflektor,” an indie rock album with influences of disco, reggae and traditional Haitian music. A truly thrilling album from beginning to end, the band, fronted by Win Butler, could see itself in the spotlight once again thanks to the same unique style that put the group on top three years ago.

"Ultraviolence" by Lana Del Rey

After her first two releases “Born To Die” and “Paradise” saw Lana Del Rey on the receiving end of criticism for blandness, she finally got on her critic's good side with her thrilling second full-length album “Ultraviolence.” Enlisting Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys to be executive producer, Del Rey ditched the trip-hop sound prominent on her 2012 debut to explore various styles from the surf-rock on standout track “West Coast” to the Bond-film ready dramatics on “Shades of Cool.” 

Record of the Year

"Drunk In Love" by Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z

If you were alive this year, chances are you have listened to or have at least heard of "Drunk in Love." The ubiquitous “surfboard” and “eat the cake Annie Mae” were hard to avoid whether you were listening on the radio or saw it online. 

"Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift

Although her record-breaking “1989” album is not eligible for nomination until the 2016 ceremony due to being released after the cutoff date, Swift could sneak in a nomination for her hit single “Shake It Off,” which gave her another No. 1 hit in the U.S. The horns, the ear worm chorus, the huge tell-off to her detractors; this song is not what anyone expected from Swift in 2014, but it’s everything we've been wanting. The Recording Academy that’s already given her seven Grammys so far might just agree with this sentiment.

"Chandelier" by Sia

With the most powerful chorus pop music has seen in years, “Chandelier” still gives me goose bumps. Sung by none other than Australian vocal powerhouse and renowned songwriter Sia, the track exploded not on the airwaves but on the Internet, thanks to the video featuring 11-year old dancer Maddie Ziegler with a wig similar to Sia’s hairstyle. With a focus on her voice and not her looks, Sia reminded everyone what it really means to be a true artist. 

"Happy" by Pharrell Williams

I hate this song, but there’s no denying how great of a song it is. In fact, I used to like it before it became overplayed. Cut off the soundtrack to "Despicable Me 2," this song took over the airwaves, the Internet and, at some point, our hearts. It filled us up with joy and made us want to wiggle our feet. Promoting positivity and well-being, longtime music industry mogul Pharrell, made his name known as a singer worldwide as “Happy” topped charts all over the globe. There’s no way the Recording Academy could overlook this one. 

"Stay With Me" by Sam Smith

This year's crying anthem, “Stay With Me” is complete with a classic piano-led beat, Smith’s best vocals to date and a choir, yes, a choir. You’d think it was a gospel song, but it’s a song sang in desperation by a man longing for one night alone with, not a person he’s in love with, but someone just to ease the loneliness. Sad isn’t it?

Song of the Year

"All Of Me" by John Legend

The wedding anthem of the year, John Legend gained his first No. 1 song on the backs of one of the most romantic love songs in recent history. “All Of Me” captured the attention of millions with its simple lyrics, sweeping piano melody and Legend’s signature voice. 

"Stay With Me" by Sam Smith

"Chandelier" by Sia

"Happy" by Pharrell Williams

Best New Artist

Sam Smith

He’s the male Adele. Need I say anymore? 

FKA twigs

Although she hasn’t gained a hit in the U.S. yet, neither have two out of three past winners in this category. The British PBR&B enchantress released her aptly titled debut album “LP1” in August and has been gaining attention for her unique style both in her music and music videos. She was also nominated for The Mercury Prize, one of the most coveted prizes for music in the U.K. Surely the Recording Academy can’t overlook that.

Iggy Azalea

The breakout female rapper gained notoriety for her hit singles “Fancy” and “Black Widow” as well as numerous features on tracks with artists like Ariana Grande, T.I. and Jennifer Lopez. With Macklemore & Ryan Lewis winning the award last year, the door is open for another rapper to claim the prize. 

Tove Lo

Although the only hit the Swedish pop singer has to her name is “Habits (Stay High),” Tove Lo has critics all over her debut album “Queen of the Clouds,” which serves as a concept album through the stages of a relationship. It may not be strong enough for Album of the Year, but this album will certainly make audiences want to come back for more.

Tossup: Meghan Trainor/Jhene Aiko