Child abuse and neglect is a serious issue in our society, and it's sometimes overlooked. From bullying at school to maltreatment at home, children face emotional and physical battles everywhere they go. Not all children are subject to child abuse, but there are some.

vbs

Here are some statistics on child abuse from the American Society for the Positive Care of Children’s website:

• More than four children die every day from child abuse.
  • Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic and educational level and among all ethnicities, cultures and religions.
  • About 30 percent of abused and neglected children will abuse their own children later in life.
  • Children who experience child abuse and neglect are nine times more likely to get involved in criminal activity.

As you can see, people who experience abuse as children become a statistic. Many are set up for failure and carry an invisible label of negativity.

It is sad to see that child abuse is prevalent in our nation. I encourage you to be kind to others and help these children succeed. 

Let’s show these children that there are still good people in this world. Let’s strive to be role models and inspirations, and give back to our community. These children should know that they can overcome their obstacles and become successful.

To report child abuse in Florida call this toll-free number: (800-962-2873)