Members of the Gamma Theta chapter of Delta Gamma at UF are making waves after creating a video last year that took jabs at other UF sororities.

The Delta Gamma executive offices in Columbus, Ohio, have conducted an internal review to hold the chapter and the members involved accountable, according to a press release.

But the Delta Gamma executive offices would not release the names of the members involved in the video, the release date of the video or the nature of any potential punishments for the members of the UF chapter involved in the video.

Members of the UF Greek community have identified three of the girls who appear in the video as Student Government Supervisor of Elections Ariana Alfonso, former Miss UF and American Idol contestant Brooke Helvie and UF junior Ani Sanchez.

The video was a parody of the song “I’m on a Boat” by The Lonely Island. It is no longer available on YouTube. The link now reads, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Delta Gamma Fraternity."

In the video, the three members of Delta Gamma replace the lyrics of the song with references to other UF sororities, including Kappa Delta, Zeta Tau Alpha, Delta Delta Delta, Alpha Omicron Pi and Alpha Delta Pi. The video shows the women dancing in front of different sorority houses.

“I’m on a boat, and it’s going fast, and I got a nautical-themed metallic headband,” they sang.

“We’re the queens of the row, so fuck you hatas, and if you ain’t that cute, then you probably went Zeta."

A thread on the online forum Greek Chat included comments about the video. One poster, Barbie's_Rush, said, "Not exactly the image Brooke projected when she was on american idol."

Jamie Dollinger, who served as president of the Panhellenic Council from January 2009 to January 2010, said she watched the video in December. When she watched it, Nicole Brakovich was president. 

The video was taken down because it was offensive to other women in the community, Dollinger said.

Alfonso declined to comment.

Student Body President Jordan Johnson said Alfonso’s role in SG will not be affected by her involvement in the video.

He said she has done a fantastic job as supervisor of elections.

“I have no doubt in Ariana’s abilities,” Johnson said.

Helvie did not return phone calls or an e-mail.

Heather Hare, president of Delta Gamma’s UF chapter, did not return several phone calls and text messages.

Brakovich did not respond to several phone calls and an e-mail.

Abby Myette, program coordinator of the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Affairs, declined to comment.

Jack Causseaux, associate director of the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Affairs, declined to comment.