<p class="p1">Center Patric Young pulls down a rebound during Florida’s 78-64 win against Minnesota on March 24 in Austin, Texas. Young had surgery to remove a bone spur in his right ankle on Friday.</p>

Center Patric Young pulls down a rebound during Florida’s 78-64 win against Minnesota on March 24 in Austin, Texas. Young had surgery to remove a bone spur in his right ankle on Friday.

Patric Young underwent surgery on Friday to remove a bone spur from his right ankle, UF confirmed Tuesday. 

Young will be limited during lower body workouts for about six weeks but can still participate in some upper body exercises.

He is currently walking on crutches.

The 6-foot-9 center’s right ankle bothered him throughout the 2012-13 season, but he played in all 37 of Florida’s games. Young has not missed a game in his three seasons with the Gators.

Midway through his sophomore season, Young experienced tendinitis in his right ankle and came off the bench five times. 

Young, a projected second-round pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, announced on April 8 that he will return to Florida for his senior season. 

He averaged 10.1 points on 58.6 percent shooting and 6.3 boards in 26.5 minutes per game this season. 

According to KenPom.com, Young ranked 88th in offensive rebounding percentage but outside the top 250 in the NCAA in rebounds per contest in 2012-13.