<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-5c1344d6-b6e8-939c-737f-a8ba2eb41ee5"><span> </span></span></p>

Garage grunge girl group, The Coathangers will join forces with retro-rockers, The Woolly Bushmen this Saturday night at High Dive as part of their joint tour.

Doors open for the show at 9 p.m. and performances will begin at 9:30 p.m. Tickets for the show are available at the High Dive box office, Hear it Again Records and Ticketfly.com for $10 in advance and $12 on the day of the show. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a guardian and those under 21 pay an additional convenience fee of $3 at the door.

The Coathangers will also be joined by Glove, of Tampa, and Gainesville’s own OOF.

The Coathangers are an Atlanta-native all-female group with a professionally irreverent style. The triad goes by the monikers Rusty Coathanger, Crook Kid Coathanger and Minnie Coathanger.

“It’s our therapy,” said Meredith Franco, aka Minnie Coathanger, “just playing and being together and performing on stage…. It doesn’t matter if its good energy or its anger. You just let it all out”

At the start, The Coathangers was just a fun way to blow off steam with friends. Now, the Coathangers have toured all over the US, Europe, Australia and Asia.

The Coathangers have a live album set for release on Friday. The live album will include new tracks that will be included on their next studio album, which is currently being recorded. Franco said that The Coathanger’s next studio album, which should be released next year, is a callback to the band’s early sound.

“We brought that energy back,” Franco said. “Fun and not overthinking too much. We’re just bringing it back to old-school us.”

Like The Coathangers, brothers Simon Palombi and Julien Palombi say the started playing music with their friends for fun, not knowing that 7 years later the band would find itself at the center of their lives.

“We kind of just booked our first show, and fantasized a little bit and we were like, ‘let’s do more of these, this is cool!’” Julien joked, “and then, now it’s a marriage.”

As positive responses swelled in, the boys of The Woolly Bushmen decided that the band was something worth sticking by.

“It’s the style of music I always listened to,” Simon said. “We play the type of music we would just like to listen to. It’s fun. I love the old ‘60s stuff.”

That ‘60’s influence shows through! The band leans heavily into the feel-good sounds of early rock’n’roll that find appeal in every age group.