Without a doubt, the University of Florida is a football school. It has been and it will continue to be the school’s focus in athletics.
But in a year when the football program recorded its worst season since 1979, the rest of Florida athletics stepped up to bring national recognition to Gainesville. Today, we at alligatorSports honor the best of the best from Gators sports over the past year. We have chosen the five most memorable games from the 2013-2014 season.
Here’s the kicker: You decide which one wins. Vote online at alligator.org/sports.
Without further ado, here’s the list of the best games in no particular order.
- This year’s top Halloween costumes
- ‘Nasty woman’ and ‘puppet’: Clinton, Trump clash in final debate
- Tim Kaine to hold rally in Alachua County this weekend
- Target to discontinue clown masks
- Three takeaways from SEC Media Day
- Men's golf places first, posts best score of Fall season
- Accent to host Florida Senate candidates for debate
- McElwain: Average Florida offense “still not there”
- Halloween-costume prank calls flood UF counseling hotline
- Father arrested after his daughter, 100 teens host house party
- BATTLING BACK: Perry fights through health issues to run for UF cross country
- Waka Flocka Flame, other performances a highlight for Gator Growl 2016
- Shands nurse attempted oral sex on male patient, police say
- Gainesville ranks sixth in LGBTQ+ inclusivity in Florida
- A city within the Swamp
- Florida man arrested after sucking woman’s toes
- The All-American Rejects to perform free concert at UF
- Gainesville residents protest 5-cent minimum-wage increase