NEWS  |  SFC

Body found in Levy County identified as Christian Aguilar

<p>A Levy County Sheriff’s Office car blocks the road leading to the Gulf Hammock Hunting Club on Friday afternoon where the confirmed remains of missing UF student Christian Aguilar were discovered.</p>

A Levy County Sheriff’s Office car blocks the road leading to the Gulf Hammock Hunting Club on Friday afternoon where the confirmed remains of missing UF student Christian Aguilar were discovered.

Gainesville Police confirmed Monday that the human remains discovered by hunters Friday in Levy County are those of Christian Aguilar, the 18-year-old UF student who went missing nearly a month ago.

The remains were identified through dental records, according to a GPD news release. The Aguilar family has been notified.

More forensic testing will be done to determine Aguilar's cause of death, according to the release.

Aguilar went missing Sept. 20. Santa Fe College student Pedro Bravo, also 18, was indicted last week by an Alachua County grand jury on murder and kidnapping charges. He remains in the Alachua County Jail.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.