<p>St. Felix</p>

St. Felix

A University Athletic Association graduate assistant was arrested Friday after he tried to choke a tow-truck driver who was trying to tow his car, Gainesville Police said.

Marc Daniel St. Felix, 29, ran out of Taylor Square Apartments, located at 621 SW 10th St., wearing only shorts and began arguing with the driver, who was trying to tow his car, according to an arrest report.

The driver refused to release St. Felix’s car, which didn’t have a parking decal. St. Felix reached into the tow truck through the window and grabbed the driver by his arms to pull him out of his truck, according to the arrest report.

The driver attempted to roll up his window but failed. St. Felix tried to choke the driver, according to the report.

St. Felix began chasing the driver, who was on the phone with police. St. Felix called police to tell them the driver should not tow his car, according to the report.

The driver wasn’t visibly injured, according to the report. St. Felix was arrested on a charge of battery. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail, where he was released on his own recognizance Saturday afternoon.

The driver was the owner of Ultimate Towing, according to Alligator archives.

St. Felix works for the UAA as a graduate assistant, according to their staff directory.

St. Felix could not be reached for a comment.

@catie_wegman

mwegman@alligator.org

St. Felix