A new UF housing community meant to give students a unique housing experience is set to be finished in Summer 2018.

908 Group is one of three main contributors for this $54 million project, along with Batson-Cook Development Company.

Shawn Regan, the director of operations for 908 Group, said he’s excited about this opportunity.

“As a Florida-based development group, we were particularly excited about the opportunity to develop the Nine @ Gainesville in the UF market, as we feel we will be delivering the best project in this market and giving the UF students the next level of A-plus student living experience,” Regan said.

The Nine @ Gainesville will have 179 luxury apartment units that are a mix of one, two, three, four and five bedrooms, with 627 total residents, said Alex English, the co-founder and managing director of 908 Group.

English said the Nine @ Gainesville’s modern design, convenient location, reasonable rent and top-tier resident service will make it stand out against other housing communities.

“Nine product always goes above and beyond to create an unmatched living experience, and this project will be no different,” English said.  

He said many features will be provided to students including stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, luxury furniture packages, a resort-style swimming pool and interactive study rooms.

Jason Cochran, a 22-year-old UF computer science senior, said he looks for a reasonable price and a reasonable distance from campus when considering housing.

He said he also thinks there can be some improvements to housing at UF, particularly when it comes to signing leases at different times.

“If I changed one thing, I would probably make it easier for students to get leases that are in different time frames,” Cochran said.

Pricing has not been released yet, but Regan said the rates will be within the Gainesville market range.

The official prices will be released in August along with the grand opening of the Nine @ Gainesville leasing office.

“We are excited for students in this market to see what living to ‘The Nines’ is all about next Fall,” English said.