<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-53faa081-521c-4c49-80f2-0651407dcac1"><span>Brianna Latice Jones</span></span></p>

Brianna Latice Jones

A Walmart customer service manager stole over $11,000 from Walmart from Dec. 5 to Dec. 8, Gainesville Police said.

Brianna Latice Jones, 27, told police an unknown suspect called her while she was at work at about 5:00 p.m. on Dec. 5 and said she could make money, so she agreed. She loaded a pre-paid debit card with about $500 to $1,000 16 times, hit the “cash tend” button on her cash register and did not collect cash, according to an arrest report. The transactions were recorded on video surveillance at the store, located at 1800 NE 12th Ave..

The 16 transactions with the suspect were made on the 5th, 6th and 8th, police said. On the 7th, she told her sister about the scheme and had her sister come to Walmart, where she transferred $500 onto a pre-paid debit card for her sister, according to the report.

Jones said she hadn’t received money from the suspect like she was promised. She told police she was promised $2,000 per transaction, according to the report.

She was arrested on charges of grand theft and scheming to defraud and was taken to the Alachua County Jail where she was released Tuesday afternoon on her own recognizance.

Officials are still searching for the unknown suspect in this case, Officer Ben Tobias, a GPD spokesperson, wrote in an email.

“The investigation is still continuing following this arrest and more suspects may be identified,” he said.

Jones could not be reached for comment.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @Lewis__Robert.  

Brianna Latice Jones