Hiram Demenico Jackson

Hiram Demenico Jackson

A Gainesville man who worked as a security guard at Hawthorne High School was arrested Friday for molesting a 14-year-old student, Alachua County Sheriff’s Office said.

Hiram Demenico Jackson, 24, picked up the teenage girl after she snuck out of her Hawthorne house and gave her a Four Loko, an alcoholic malt beverage, according to an arrest report. After she was drunk, he had sex with her and then returned her home, police said.

She told police the rape happened in a park in Hawthorne, but she didn’t know the exact location because she was drunk, police said. She said she met Jackson again the next day and he raped her a second time, according to the report.

She told police Jackson works at her school as a security guard and mentor, according to the report. She said she knows him and speaks with him often on social media and in school, police said.

Jackson was not employed by the school district but by a private security firm, Jackie Johnson, the Alachua County Public Schools spokesperson, wrote in an email. He only worked at one basketball game, Johnson said.

Jackson was charged with giving liquor to someone under 21, lewd and lascivious molestation and two counts of sexual battery on a minor. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $502,000 bond.

Contact Robert Lewis at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert

Robert Lewis, a UF journalism sophomore, covers the crime beat for the Alligator. He enjoys spending time with family and friends in his hometown of Miami, Florida. Robert has not let his dream of being funny die, though several friends have urged him to.