<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-d8c41b85-5224-af6c-4f1b-fa93d6fa6181"><span>Tarris Yvnette Price</span></span></p>

Tarris Yvnette Price

A Gainesville woman was arrested for driving under the influence on Monday after she started dancing during her field sobriety tests, Gainesville Police said.

Tarris Yvnette Price, 52, drove a yellow Hummer up to a police officer and called to him “hey sweet baby” at about 10:21 p.m. near Depot Park, according to an arrest report. She told the officer she had been drinking wine and was on her way to her grandfather’s.

Another officer pulled Price over and noticed she smelled like alcohol and she had bloodshot, glassy eyes, according to the report. When she got out of her car, she used a patrol car to balance herself as she walked, police said. GPD said her car fit the description of a separate traffic problem, which was not stated in the report.

Price told officers that she had been drinking red wine during the day and she was “f----- up,” according to the report.

Price performed poorly on field sobriety tests and danced during the finger to nose exercise, police said. Her blood alcohol content was .273 and .270, which is over three times the legal limit, according to the report.

She was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence and taken to the Alachua County Jail where she was released Tuesday on her own recognizance.

Price said she was arrested three houses away from her home and she had been dealing with family issues.

“Whatever did occur was an isolated incident,” Price said.

Tarris Yvnette Price