<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-e4dd49cb-3c61-f2f0-4232-cbad93f10d45"><span>Trevon Quik Boyd</span></span></p>

Trevon Quik Boyd

A UF student was charged Friday with possessing child pornography, which investigators said he accessed once from a UF printing lab IP address, Gainesville Police said.

Trevon Quik Boyd, 21, was investigated by police after the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was tipped by Dropbox Inc. about potential child pornography stored on a Dropbox account linked to Boyd’s email address, according to an arrest report.

Police subpoenaed records of Boyd’s Dropbox usage and found he had images and a video of child pornography, according to the report. From a search warrant of Dropbox, police found about 40 gigabytes of images and videos in Boyd’s Dropbox, but police didn’t say if all of the content was related to child pornography.

After his arrest, Boyd told police the email accounts and Dropbox account associated with the photos and video were his, according to the report. He told police he used the Dropbox account for sharing music.

Boyd was charged with two counts of possessing child pornography. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail and fitted with an electronic monitoring device Sunday morning after he was released on a $30,000 bond.

Boyd is listed as a UF student in the UF directory.

A UF trespass warning was issued against Boyd on the day of his arrest, according to UF Public Safety’s website.

Boyd could not be reached for comment.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert.

Trevon Quik Boyd