Sixth Starbucks will open this month at UF College of Law

Liandra Izquierdo will soon be able to order a grande green tea latte with soy milk and vanilla syrup in between law classes.

Izquierdo, a second-year law student, studies in the Bruton-Geer Hall student commons area, where UF will open a sixth on-campus Starbucks location on Feb. 19.

The store’s addition is part of a renovation of the student commons area, which was completed in the summer, UF law administrative staff member Kelli Murray said. Construction cost $94,773, but UF spokesperson Steve Orlando could not confirm if UF funded the project.

Murray said students are excited.

“We’re hoping that it’s going to create even more comradery and provide an extra opportunity for students to get together and mingle over coffee,” she said.

Another on campus Starbucks location, located in the Reitz Union, reopened after renovations Monday. It closed in December, according to Alligator archives.

Izquierdo, 24, said she has been looking forward to the new location since it was announced last year.

“The thing about being a law student is that it’s very time-consuming and rigorous,” she said. “To have an actual service Starbucks to get your beverages, relax and have nice warm coffee instead of vending machine coffee is a huge plus.”

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa.