GatorWell Health Promotion Services and the Counseling and Wellness Center launched a campaign Monday to help students de-stress to success.

The UFlourish campaign, designed by students for students and faculty, is hoping to remove the stigmas surrounding mental health issues. It is funded by a three-year $296,000 federal grant.

Sara Martin, a health promotion specialist at GatorWell and grant project coordinator for UFlourish, said stress is the leading factor affecting students’ academic performance.

Messages will be posted around campus about “Finding Your Balance” and managing stress.

“We hope students not only become more aware of things they can do and are empowered to seek help when they need to seek help, but also that we help reduce the stress that students are feeling,” Martin said.

Academic success isn’t only about grades. It is also about how successful they feel in their social lives, and stress plays a huge role, said Steven Snowden, a graduate assistant at GatorWell and UFlourish campaign worker.

“A lot of what college is — and being successful in college — is balance and finding a balance,” he said.

UF student Crystal Rodriguez said the campaign can help students.

“It’s a good idea to have these strategies posted around campus because stress is a big factor, especially when most students, such as myself, are in other organizations and trying to balance classes,” the 20-year-old linguistics junior said.Campaign aims to de-stress

◗ IT STARTED MONDAY.

GILLIAN STONEY

Alligator Contributing Writer

“It’s a good idea to have these strategies posted around campus because stress is a big factor, especially when most students, such as myself, are in other organizations and trying to balance classes,” the 20-year-old linguistics junior said.