UF engineering students will show off their creative side.

On Thursday, the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art will host a Museum Nights event highlighting engineering and its relationship to art, said Tami Wroath, the museum’s director of marketing and public relations. This is the fifth year the museum will host an event that highlights engineering.

"We’re showing the community and campus that art is useful in any field," she said.

The museum expects more than 800 people to attend "Art In Engineering," which will feature art pieces and performances by UF engineering students and faculty. The event will take place from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., and admission is free.

More than 35 art pieces will be featured at the event, Wroath said. There will also be about 20 performances ranging from instrumental to vocal to dance.

UF nutritional sciences junior Michael Ngo said he is attending the event to watch his friend perform a dance that mixes choreography with heavy objects being thrown in the air.

"I’m excited to learn more about what engineering is about and how it relates to the arts," the 21-year-old said.

UF computer engineering freshman Kassandra Philogene said she is looking forward to the event, which is unlike anything she’s ever been to.

"I like engineering and I like art," the 18-year-old said. "I hope it’s gonna be a good time."