If Homer Simpson were real, he would be first in line at the Global Medical Training’s 5K on Sunday.

UF’s Global Medical Training, a local chapter of a medical nonprofit, is hosting its first Donut Dash at 9 a.m. at Albert “Ray” Massey Westside Park and Recreation Center, at 1001 NW 34th St.

During the race, participants will run a little more than a mile and a half, stop to eat a half-dozen doughnuts, and then continue the race, said Gavin Ajami, GMT president.

Participants can register through the organization’s website. It is $20 to pre-register and $25 the day of the event. The fee includes a half-dozen doughnuts, water throughout the race and a T-shirt.

First- and second-place winners will receive a full-semester Study Edge gold membership, and the third-place winner will receive a GMT T-shirt.

Proceeds will benefit the organization, which provides free medical and dental services to medically deprived communities in Central American countries. Kaplan Education Center is the primary sponsor and donated a course to the group, which auctioned it off for $1,800.

Ajami, a 21-year-old UF applied physiology and kinesiology junior, said he is expecting roughly 250 runners. Group members are hoping to raise $500 to $1,500 for medications and medical equipment for mission trips throughout the year.

“This will help us ensure that no one in Central American communities goes without the medications that they need,” said Dori Trenter, vice president of international service of GMT and a 22-year-old UF health science senior.

The organization plans to host this event annually but advises participants to prepare for a dozen-doughnuts challenge.