Students now have a say in which musician and comedian will come to UF in Spring.

Reitz Union Board Entertainment is asking students which entertainers they would like to see perform live at the Big Orange Festival on March 24, said Kaitlin Milligan, the president of RUB Entertainment.

“We try to find artists who are available and in budget,” the 21-year-old UF telecommunication senior said. “Whoever is chosen from the survey, we will do our best to bring them.”

Milligan said the survey is up on RUB Entertainment’s social media platforms and will be available until Oct. 1. While the budget for the festival hasn’t been set, she said it would likely be similar to last year, when the two performers were paid a combined $81,000.

The options for musical performers are DNCE, Hailee Steinfeld, X Ambassadors, Troye Sivan, Matt and Kim and Tove Lo.

Comedians students can choose from are Hannibal Buress, Ali Wong, Colin Jost, Nasim Pedrad, Chris D’Elia, Demetri Martin, Mike Birbiglia and Damon Wayans Jr.

Courtney Rogers, a UF theatre production sophomore, said she thinks RUB Entertainment does a good job bringing in entertainers.

“My top pick would be Ali Wong,” the 19-year-old said. “She’s hilarious.”

Her friend, Isabel Wasilewski, 19, agreed.

“She’s become one of the more prominent female comedians,” the UF psychology sophomore said.

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.