UF’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences’ Center for Landscape Conservation and Ecology will teach faculty and students environmental research at a new summit Wednesday.

The Urban Landscape Summit, held at the Straughn UF/IFAS Extension Professional Development Center, will allow faculty and agricultural groups to get together and learn about current research, including water, wildlife and agricultural conservation happening around the state, said Emily Eubanks, an education and media coordinator for the Center for Landscape Conservation and Ecology and the communications coordinator for the event.

“There is everything from turfgrass to economics, to ornamental horticulture and behavior change,” Eubanks said.

She said the summit took about a year to plan and they are hoping to hold one either annually or every two years. About 25 UF graduate and undergraduate students will attend. UF students can attend for free, and the event costs $40 for non-UF students.

Graduate students will also have the opportunity to participate in a poster presentation where they can share their research.

Eliza Breder, a UF science graduate student studying irrigation, wrote in an email that she is excited to attend because she will get to share her research about water irrigation patterns.

“I hope to meet other experts in my field and to gain an understanding of my colleague’s research topics,” the 24-year-old said.