Jake Gipson and Matt Wercinski grew up fishing together in the ponds and lakes of golf courses in northern Florida.

Monday, the pair reeled in $100,000 in prize money at the National Guard FLW College Fishing National Championship.

Half of the money will be donated to UF in the form of a scholarship, and $25,000 will go to the students'  Gator Bassmasters club.

The pair received a certificate for a boat that is valued at $25,000.

The three-day tournament took place in Knoxville, Tenn., on Fort Loudoun Lake and featured the top 25 teams in the country.

After more than 1,000 casts, the duo caught a total of 10 bass throughout the weekend, with a final weight of 29 pounds 10 ounces.

“We work really well together,” said Wercinski, a finance junior. “When he can’t catch big fish, I can, and vice versa. It just seems to work out.”

They beat the second place team, Texas State University, by 10 ounces.

“We just felt fortunate to make it to the finals,” Gipson said. “We couldn’t believe we won it.”

The pair also got a new Chevy truck and a boat wrapped in Gator colors.

Both the truck and the boat are theirs to use until they compete in the FLW Cup in August, a high-level professional bass fishing tournament.

“We’re really excited,” Wercinski said. “We hope to put the boat somewhere people can see it.”