UF highest-ranked US public university for post-graduation job preparations

UF became the highest-ranked public university in the U.S. for preparing its students for jobs after graduation by a London-based survey.

Out of nearly 100 universities, the Times Higher Education recently published the 2016 Global University Employability Survey, which consisted of a series of ranked universities by country, as well as globally. In the U.S., UF was ranked No. 8, and globally it was ranked No. 142.

The online survey asked U.S. management-level recruiters to vote for 15 universities they thought produced “the best graduates in terms of employability.” Employers considered professional experience and a “high degree of specialization” as the top predictors of employability, according to the Times Higher Education.

UF spokesman Steve Orlando said the ranking shows the high caliber of UF.

“You get a very rigorous education at UF,” Orlando said. “It’s not an easy school to get through, so that means it prepares you very well in your field of study.”

New York University came in at the top of the list, followed by Harvard University, Princeton University and California Institute of Technology.

Ando Rakotoarisoa, a UF materials science and engineering sophomore, said she believes UF ranked so highly because of all of the opportunities it offers.

“They have so many career showcases and so many student organizations that promote professional development for students,” the 20-year-old said.

The top 5 U.S. public universities that made the list:

• UF, ranked 8th
  • Arizona State University, ranked 9th
  • University of California, Los Angeles, ranked 11th
  • Pennsylvania State University, ranked 15th
  • North Carolina State University, ranked 16th