<p>Brady Bernstein, an 18-year-old UF criminology and law freshman, plays a game called Junk in the Trunk during the Field, Fork, and Fashion event on the Plaza of the Americas on Dec. 1, 2015. The Freshman Leadership Council member, part of the organization's Special Events Committee, shook a tissue box filled with ping pong balls strapped to his back.</p>

Brady Bernstein, an 18-year-old UF criminology and law freshman, plays a game called Junk in the Trunk during the Field, Fork, and Fashion event on the Plaza of the Americas on Dec. 1, 2015. The Freshman Leadership Council member, part of the organization's Special Events Committee, shook a tissue box filled with ping pong balls strapped to his back.

Students piled more than 120 T-shirts, jeans and sweaters onto a table on the Plaza of the Americas on Tuesday.

The UF Freshman Leadership Council collected clothing for the Alachua County Coalition for the Homeless and Hungry, more than 50 nonperishable food donations for the UF Field and Fork Pantry and about $80 for the pantry at the first "Field, Fork and Fashion" event.

It served to teach students about how to donate to the pantry in the future, said Sofia Bever, 19, FLC director of service programming.

"(The pantry is) just getting started, so anything they can get, they will be more than happy to take," the UF biochemistry and finance sophomore said.

The clothing portion of the drive was set up to be like a thrift shop, she said.

Students who donated five or more clothing items were allowed to take an item from the pile home.

If students donated food, clothing or money, they were entered into a raffle for gift cards.

"I think it is meant to not only bring together our student population, but to unify Gators as well as the greater Alachua County population," she said.

UF sociology and political science freshman Jireh Davis said she donated more than 10 clothing items, but she didn’t take anything from the pile.

"My parents have blessed me with a lot of things, so I thought, ‘Why not give to someone else who needs the items more than I do?’" the 18-year-old said.

Nick Noble, a 21-year-old UF accounting senior attempts to knock over water bottles with a ball slung around his head in a game called “elephant trunk” on the Plaza of the Americas. Donors to the UF Field and Fork Pantry played games at the Freshman Leadership Council's Field, Fork, and Fashion event.

Donors gave money, gently used clothes, and nonperishable foods to the Freshman Leadership Council, who will distribute them to UF's food pantry and the Alachua County Coalition for the Homeless and Hungry.