UF is inviting all undergraduate students to complete the Student Experience in the Research University survey, known as SERU, and is offering incentives to do so.

The UF football ticket lottery opened for the 2011 season Sunday at 9 a.m., but in order for students to be eligible to enter, they must first complete the survey.

According to Marie Zeglen, assistant provost and director of institutional planning and research, incentives include football season ticket lottery eligibility and discounted admission to the Butterfly Rainforest at the Florida Museum of Natural History and to the Harn Museum of Art. Students will also have a chance to win an iPad and gift cards to Amazon.com, iTunes and the UF Bookstore.

The survey includes questions about campus life and questions geared toward the different colleges on campus. The questionnaire is offered every two years, and it takes about 20 minutes to complete. The survey will be open until July 1.

She said the main incentive should be to improve campus life and to address areas of concern, and not just to get football tickets.

Jeanna Mastrodicasa, assistant vice president of student affairs at UF, said the survey provides each student with the opportunity to address any concerns he or she has with the undergraduate experience. This includes sections about the college experience, student programs, faculty, social life, international globalization and academic honesty.

Mastrodicasa said she’s expecting about 80 percent of undergraduate students complete the survey this year.

In March 2009, 68 percent of UF undergraduates took the survey, Zeglen said.

She said 11,607 students have already completed the survey, and she values answers from graduating seniors because they have been on campus for a long period of time.

The different colleges on campus also compete to see which can have the most student participation. The College of Education is currently in the lead with more than 60 percent of its students having completed the survey.