The UF football program has canceled the student ticket lottery.

Starting April 13, students who had lottery tickets from the 2014-15 season can buy 2015-16 season tickets for $105 online. The tickets include all seven home games and are first come, first served.

“We hope it will create more excitement and have more students show up than the last couple years,” said Dan Apple, assistant director for football at the University Athletic Association department of communications. “The lottery, in the past, was for when it was in higher demand. And now, it is not.”

He said the athletic association decided this would be in the best interest of UF students based on student feedback.

“The perception is that sales are down. We sold out every game last year in the student section,” he said. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium can seat 19,500 students, Apple said.

According to Alligator archives, UF football lottery tickets did sell out, but only after the student lottery deadline was extended.

And last year was not the first year the deadline was extended.

In 2010, the athletic association extended the lotto ticket deadline for the first time since it began in 2004 and has extended the deadline every year since. All tickets were eventually sold, but with a shift in ticket sales and student demands, the association decided to revert back to the old season ticket system, wrote Alicia Longworth, the assistant athletic director, in an email.

Eden Estevez, a 19 year-old UF biology sophomore said she doesn’t like the change.

“I think it is better if it is a lottery because everybody would have an opportunity to win,” she said.

On July 27, incoming freshmen, transfer students and current students who did not have season tickets in 2014 will have the chance to buy tickets.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 4/1/2015 under the headline “Season tickets reinstated after UF cancels football lottery”]