A UF journalism student will be getting some face time with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie at the end of this month.

Gaby Izarra won MTV’s “The Ultimate Tourist Guest Correspondent Contest” and will help promote the movie “The Tourist” starring  Jolie and Depp.

The contest began Oct. 7 and ended Nov. 4.

Each contestant submitted a one-minute video explaining why he or she deserved to be “The Ultimate Tourist Guest Correspondent.” 

Izarra said she will be flown to Paris on Nov. 30 to interview the cast and crew of “The Tourist.”

Izarra, who hopes to write about music in the future, said she already has experience interviewing celebrities.

“I’ve already had a lot of experience with big-name music artists, like MGMT,” Izarra said.

Izarra said she hasn’t thought of any questions yet, but she will start to draft some soon.

She will be given $200 in shopping money and $100 every day of her trip, she said.

She said she will return to the U.S. on Dec. 4.

With a passion for electronic music, Izarra said she heard about the contest by following one of her favorite music artists, Laidback Luke, on Twitter.

She said she noticed MTV employee Lara Kathleen Kelley on Laidback Luke’s Twitter page.

Izarra said she messaged Kelley on Facebook and asked her for career advice.

She said Kelley responded and advised her to enter the contest. According to Kelley, more than 100 contestants entered.