Free Chick-Fil-A coupons for lucky students Wednesday night

Chick.jpg
Chick.jpg

A group of patient students may receive a week’s worth of Chick-fil-A food Wednesday night.

To christen the beginning of a new Fall semester, Chick-fil-A staff at the Southwest Archer Road location will give away coupons for six days of free chicken nuggets and/or sandwiches to the first 100 students who line up at the restaurant beginning at 5 p.m., said Joe Wendling, the restaurant’s supervisor and marketing assistant.

Winners will also win a free T-shirt and will be entered into a raffle to win the Tailgate Centering Package, which consists of a chicken nugget tray and a gallon of sweet tea, he said.

The giveaway marks the beginning of the restaurant’s College Nights events, which have been held every Wednesday night during Fall and Spring semesters for about two years, Wendling said.

“This year, we decided to make our first College Night into a big kick-off event to coincide with the first Gator football game this weekend,” Wendling said.

Students are required to show a valid student ID to qualify. If more than 100 people are waiting in line by 5 p.m., the coupons will be raffled off, he said. Coupons are only valid at the Southwest Archer Road location.

Wendling said he expects about 2,000 students to show up because college crowds tend to love anything free — especially food.

Mark Maffei, a 19-year-old UF business administration junior, said although he finds Chick-fil-A’s food delicious, he won’t show up Wednesday for the giveaway.

Waiting in a snaking line for free fast-food meals is not worth his time, he said.

“I want to go, but I’m not, only because of how busy and crazy it will be in there, and I just don’t have the time,” Maffei said.

BOX:

Every Wednesday night this semester, Chick-Fil-A on Archer Road will host de-stress events for students

There will be bingo, karaoke and BOGO meal discounts

Events are from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and will continue during Spring

Students must show valid college ID to participate