As Sarah Silverman strummed an acoustic guitar for the last line of her last song, all eyes were on Deborah Flagg.

A nervous smile was fixed on the sign language interpreter’s face as she searched for ways to sign the four-letter word for vagina Silverman sang dozens of times to close her act.

The comedian, known for her TV show “The Sarah Silverman Program,” performed for about 650 students and community members at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on Monday night as the finale to Pride Awareness Month.

Joking about politics, terminally ill babies and insecurities, Silverman touched on issues in an entertaining way, said Jessie Pincus, a 22-year-old UF advertising senior and executive director of PAM.

“She really reached out to the female audience,” she said. “I think that’s something UF doesn’t get often.”

Bobby Brito, a 20-year-old UF political science sophomore, said he thought Silverman was a great choice because she’s an ally for the LGBT community.

Silverman, who was paid $50,000 for her appearance by Accent Speaker’s Bureau, Student Government Productions and PAM, told girls they were too used to falling into self-deprecating thoughts.

“I want to grab you and shake you and save you so many wasted years,” she said.