Tim Tebow to broadcast gameday on the Plaza of the Americas

Gator fans tailgating on Plaza of the Americas on Saturday will be joined by former Gator football quarterback Tim Tebow.  

Tebow will come to UF on Saturday as part of the SEC Nation show.

The show will broadcast from campus before the Kentucky game. The Florida vs. Kentucky game will start at 7:30 p.m. and will air on the SEC Network.

Tents and a stage for the show are already set up on the plaza. The show will air from 10 a.m. to noon.  Fans can arrive around 9 a.m. to be part of the show.  

Sarah Stalter, an 18-year-old UF criminology freshman, said she plans on going  to see Tebow.

She said the one thing she loves about football is the spirit.

“I love the atmosphere and how everyone is so behind the team,” she said

Along with the former Gator quarterback, the SEC show will also feature host Joe Tessitore and former LSU and NFL star Marcus Spears. 

“I do think it’s pretty cool that Tim Tebow keeps coming back to UF,” Brian Ritchie, a 21-year-old UF forest management senior, said.

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 9/12/2014 under the headline "Tim Tebow to broadcast gameday on the Plaza of the Americas"]