High affordability rankings for the UF Levin College of Law

The UF Levin College of Law is highly ranked for its affordability and percentage of hires and promotions.

Levin was ranked No. 3 in the nation for its low cost of tuition in 2014, according to a National Law Journal report published this week. It is No. 23 for the number of alumni promoted to partner and No. 50 for its percent of students hired by the country’s top 250 firms.

St. John’s University, University of Illinois, Chicago-Kent College of Law, University of Pennsylvania, Fordham University and University of Kansas also tied for the 23rd spot.

George Dawson, UF law’s interim dean, said he believes UF is a great place for students who aspire to succeed in the world of law.

“Students who come here have the opportunity to do well and join the big firms,” Dawson said.

Brett Roth, an associate attorney at Matt Hellman, P.A., and 2012 UF law alumnus, said he was focused on working, learning skills and making money while he was a UF law student.

Rob Birrenkott, assistant dean for career development, said the quality of graduates is one of the college’s sources of pride.

“And that’s a fantastic feather in our cap,” he said.

However, students do not have to measure their success by becoming partner at a firm, he said.

UF graduates are known for being leaders, whether partner at a firm or judge in a courtroom, he said. That and the great price are what prove UF law school’s greatness.

[A version of this story ran on page 8 on 2/27/2015 under the headline “High affordability rankings for the UF Levin College of Law”]

Harvard Law School

Georgetown University Law Center

New York University School of Law

University of Michigan Law School

University of Texas School of Law