Although the weather is starting to cool down, UF students are staying hot.

UF was ranked No. 13 in The Daily Beast’s 20 sexiest colleges in the nation for 2013, behind University of Miami and Miami University, and ahead of Florida State University.

The rankings were based off of data from College Prowler, which ranked universities by the attractiveness of its men and women, as well as Trojan’s annual sexual health report card for universities across the country. Each of the three factors was weighed equally.Save and close

College Prowler rated men and women on the hotness scale by the following characteristics: attractiveness, athleticism, creativity, friendliness, fun, geeky, hardworking, into partying, outgoing, smart and stuck-up. The social scene on campus as well as the ratio of males to females was also taken into account.

UF’s men weighed in at 8.72 out 10, standing behind its women who ranked 9.03. Trojan ranked the university No. 12 for sexual health, based on accessibility of sexual health resources and information available to students.

Shelby Weber, a 20-year-old UF health science junior, said she feels UF’s rank has a lot to do with Greek life bringing in a lot of attractive people to campus.

“UF gets this reputation of being a ‘smart-people college,’” she said. “Honestly, when you walk around campus there are a lot of pretty people, which is nice.”

However, Netanya Wynn, a 21-year-old UF public relations senior and PR director for the Faces Modeling Troupe, said it’s UF students’ intelligence that makes them attractive.

“It’s a psychological thing where the people who are sexy are also the people who are smarter,” she said.

On the list, University of Wisconsin reached the climax as the sexiest college in the nation, earning a score of 9.32 and 9.12 for their men and women, respectively.

Tyler Ericson, a 19-year-old UF applied physiology and kinesiology sophomore, said because Florida’s students are always in the sunshine they show more skin.

“When it’s always summer time, you care about your body more,” he said.

A version of this story ran on page 1 on 10/18/2013 under the headline "UF ranked 13th sexiest college"