University extends football ticket lottery deadline by two weeks

UF students who missed the June 7 deadline for this year’s football ticket lottery will have another chance to register.

On Tuesday the UF Student Ticket Office announced its plan to extend the lottery registration deadline from June 7 to June 22.

Mark Gajda, assistant athletic director for the University Athletic Association, said the office extended the deadline to increase registration.

“We thought it would be appropriate to capture more people, especially incoming freshmen.”

The extension also gives students who do not check their email during the summer a chance to register, Gajda added.

Students will still need to pay $111 to be entered into the lottery for Fall 2012 season tickets. The final day to register will be June 22 at 5 p.m. Lottery results will be released June 25.

According to an email from the Ticket Office, students do not have to be currently registered for classes to enter the lottery or order tickets.

During the fall, however, undergraduate and graduate students need to be registered for at least 12 and six credit hours respectively in order to pick up their tickets.

Students interested in registering can do so on the Ticket Office website.

The extension will give 21-year-old environmental engineering senior Jahnavi Harris an incentive and a chance to win tickets despite missing the deadline in the past.

Contact Chris Alcantara at calcantara@alligator.org.