<p>Matisyahu, an international electronic-reggae rock star, performs at the Florida Theater Tuesday night. Last time Matisyahu came to Gainesville, he played an acoustic one-man set. This time, he played an electronic show with his whole band.</p>

Matisyahu, an international electronic-reggae rock star, performs at the Florida Theater Tuesday night. Last time Matisyahu came to Gainesville, he played an acoustic one-man set. This time, he played an electronic show with his whole band.

The King Without A Crown will bring his reggae hits to the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on Nov. 10. 

Jewish rapper Matisyahu is set to perform at the center after opening act Radical Something plays at 7:30 p.m.

Katie Nelson, assistant publicist at Grandstand Media & Management who handles the artist’s tour press, said Matisyahu is about to kick off a North American tour in support of his latest album, Akeda. The album was recorded with his touring band, Dub Trio, and produced by bassist Stu Brooks.

Jackie Bontjes, a 19-year-old UF finance sophomore, said she loves the messages behind Matisyahu’s songs.

“His song ‘One Day’ really hits home for me because it talks about the goals of world peace that we all hope for,” Bontjes said. “I’m really hoping to be able to see Matisyahu in concert. Ever since I heard about him three years ago I’ve wanted to see him perform live.”

Tickets for Matisyahu can be bought at the Phillips Center box office, online at performingarts.ufl.edu or by phone. Seats cost $37 in Zone 1, $32 in Zone 2 and $27 in Zone 3, said Alaina Pruitt, Phillips Center box office teller. Doors for the performance open at 6:30 p.m.