After months of obsessively checking her email, Amber Todoroff was relieved to learn she earned a scholarship to attend graduate school at the University of Oxford next Fall.

Todoroff, a geography and English senior, was one of four UF students to receive a Frost Scholarship earlier this month, and it will fund their tuition and living expenses at Oxford for one year.

Ten students from Florida public universities earned the scholarship, and they will be working toward a master’s degree within the science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields. This is the program’s second year.

Two other UF recipients include Parker Edwards, a 22-year-old mathematics senior, and Madeleine Turcotte, a 22-year-old microbiology and cell science senior.

Todoroff will work toward her master’s in nature, society and environmental governance.  

“I’ve never been to Europe before, but I’m definitely looking forward to the adventure and a more international Student Body,” Todoroff, 23, said.

Sadra Hamedzadeh, a UF chemistry senior, also earned the scholarship and will be studying pharmacology at Oxford. He said he will work with one of Oxford’s world-renowned pharmacology faculty members.

“I thought it would be good for me to bridge the gap between my chemistry research here at UF,” Hamedzadeh, 24, said, “and my medical research here in the future.”