In an effort to accommodate students with food allergies, Gator Dining Services has made some changes this year to the food products offered on campus and in dining halls.

According to Jill Rodriguez, marketing program manager for Gator Dining Services, residential dining halls are offering gluten-free products for free upon request.

“We are able to offer many items in our convenience stores that are gluten-free, including pizza dough, frozen and microwaveable meals, brownies, cookies, muffins, tortillas and breads,”  Rodriguez  said. “We have a vendor that offers gluten-free items, and we asked them to provide a full inventory of products as well as their top 25 items.”

Rodriguez said that while there has been increased participation in the convenience stores, such participation has been slower at the dining halls.

Meaghan Renkey, a freshman with Celiac disease, said Gator Dining Serivces’ accommodations make it possible to find gluten-free food options.

“Overall, I think Gator Dining Services is helpful with accommodating food needs,” Renkey said.