Its name still remains a mystery, but the newly formed Student Government party has found its candidate for Student Body President in former Orange and Blue Party Sen. Ben Cavataro.

The new party is a combination of the Progress Party and the Orange and Blue Party.

It will announce its name and the other party leaders on its ticket at the end of the week, Cavataro said.

“We are looking forward to having a very exciting ticket with leaders from all across campus,” he said.

Cavataro, who served on the Student Senate for two years, said his campaign focuses on making changes in SG and protecting student interests.

“We need a system that’s going to work for all of us, not just a handful,” he said.

He said the party hopes to protect funds delegated for Bright Futures.

It also hopes to use the multimillion-dollar SG budget responsibly and make SG and its expenditures more transparent, Cavataro said.

“We want to make sure that any fees that are imposed on students are approved first,” Cavataro said.

Cavataro said he is confident the outcome of this election will be a good one for his party and UF students.

“We haven’t been in power forever, and we may not have the resources of the incumbent party, but we have the students on our side, we’re fighting for their issues and that’s what really matters,” Cavataro said.

He said he decided to run after encouragement from friends and colleagues.

“It’s an honor to run, and, together with many others, we’re going to win this thing and change the university for the better,” Cavataro said.

He said the party’s primary focus is fighting for changes that will benefit students.

“We’re in it to win it,” Cavataro said.

The Unite Party is also in the process of choosing its party leaders.

Unite Party spokesman Ben Meyers said the Unite Party candidates and platform will be announced soon.

He said the Unite Party was founded one year ago with the goal of uniting the campus and representing the entire Student Body.

“We feel that it’s time to show that we’ve done that,” Meyers said.